2013 Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference (June 13-15, 2013)
We are pleased to announce that the 2013 Lakota Summer Institute will host this year’s SCLC at Sitting Bull College, in Fort Yates, ND June 13-15 2013.
The Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference is for anyone interested in the languages of the Siouan and Caddoan linguistic families. Paper submissions related to Siouan and Caddoan languages are encouraged.
SCLC Registration is required to attend the conference or present a paper. A small fee ($20) covers refreshments during the conference.
- Please Register online for the Siouan Conference, and then send paper abstracts to:
Armik MirzayanAssistant ProfessorLanguages, Linguistics and PhilosophyUniversity of South DakotaUSL Slagle Hall/Auditorium 301B414 E. Clark St.Vermillion SD 57069Phone: 605-677-3159Email: Armik.Mirzayan@usd.eduandJohn Boyle
Assistant Professor, Undergraduate AdvisorLinguistics Department
Northeastern Illinois University
LWH-30675500 North St. Louis Avenue,Chicago, Illinois 60625-4699Phone: 773-442-5494, email address: JP-Boyle@neiu.edu
- Deadline for Abstracts:
May 5th, May 17th (extended)2013, to Armik.Mirzayan@usd.edu
- To book lodging, please call Prairie Knights Casino Lodge and refer to the SCLC conference rate:
- SClC Travel Information:
The Bismarck, ND Airport (BIS) is serviced by four airlines:
Driving time from Bismarck Airport to Prairie Knights Casino Lodge is approx. 45-50 min. Car Rental is available. A Shuttle Bus may be arranged if there is sufficient interest.
- There will be a free daily shuttle bus from the Prairie Knights Casino Lodge to Sitting Bull College.
SCLC conference participants are also welcome to register for the 7th Lakota Summer Institute which will take place June 3rd-21st. LSI registration can be found Lakota Summer Institute Registration. Participants in LSI are not automatically enrolled in the Siouan Conference, and vice-versa.
- SCLC Questions: Armik.Mirzayan@usd.edu
- Additional Program and registration details will appear here as they become available. Conference updates will also available at:
We look forward to seeing you there!